‘Machaca’ is an international ensemble formed by Morgan Szymanski in 2006. Their first recording, ‘Mano a Mano’ was launched at the Purcell Room in London’s Southbank on Thursday the 26th of April during La Linea ‘07, London’s famous Latin American Music Festival.
Highlights include the world premiere recording of Alec Roth’s ‘Quintet for Guitar and Strings’, written especially for the Sacconi Quartet and Morgan Szymanski as well as the first recording of Simone Iannarelli’s ‘Valzer Brillante’ for guitar and strings.
- Prelude for Harpsichord and Guitar – Manuel M. Ponce Guest: Jose Menor (Harpsichord)
- Bordel 1900 – Astor Piazzolla Guest: Ruth Rogers (Violin)
- Café 1930 – Astor Piazzolla Guest: Phuong Nguyen (Accordion)
- Nightclub 1960 – Astor Piazzolla Guest: Ruth Rogers – Violin
- Vals Criollo (Natalia) – Antonio Lauro Guests: O Duo (Percussion) / Luzmira Zerpa (Voice and Cuatro)-:--
- Valzer Brillante – Simone Iannarelli (World Premiere Recording) Guests: Sacconi Quartet
- Danza Caracteristica – Leo Brouwer Guest: Oliver Cox – Percussion-:--
- Cancion de Cuna – Leo Brouwer Guest: Laura Mitchell – Soprano/Oliver Cox- Percussion-:--
- Estrellita – Manuel M. Ponce Guest: Gemma Rosefield – Cello
- Jongo – Paulo Bellinati Guests: ODuo – Percussion-:--
- Bachianas Brazileiras No. 5 – Heitor Villa-Lobos Guest: Laura Mitchell
- Quintet for Guitar and Strings – Alec Roth (World Premiere Recording) Guests: Sacconi Quartet
- Prelude (In memoriam Lobgott Piepsam) Danza (Papa H Dances) Cancion (A Fine Lady) Finale (All Around the World)